Dare County reminds residents, visitors and property owners that registration to attend the 2023 State of the County—which will be presented by Dare County Board of Commissioners Chairman Robert L. “Bob” Woodard Sr. on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant in Kill Devil Hills—closes on Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
The doors will open for seating beginning at 8 a.m., with a full breakfast to be served starting at 8:30 a.m. Chairman Woodard’s presentation—whose 2023 theme is “Caring for Our Community—A Nurturing Place Where All Can Live and Grow”—will begin at 9 a.m.
During the presentation, Woodard will touch on an array of topics that are important to the citizens of Dare County, including:
- Ongoing efforts to construct essential and workforce housing developments
- Beach nourishment to replenish eroding stretches of shoreline
- Ensuring the continued accessibility and navigability of area waterways for commercial and recreational fishermen
- The county’s continued commitment to high-quality educational opportunities for local students
- Combating the opioid and substance use crisis that is affecting so many individuals and families within the Outer Banks community
Registration Fee: The cost to attend the 2023 State of the County is $10, which includes a full breakfast provided by Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant as well as attendance to Chairman Woodard’s State of the County presentation.
To register online, visit www.DareNC.gov/StateOfTheCounty by Wednesday, January 18, 2023. Advanced registration is required in order to attend the event.