The Outer Banks Chamber held its Annual Meeting & Awards Celebration on January 26th at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kitty Hawk. This event highlighted the accomplishments and successes of 2022 and looked ahead to 2023.
2022 Chairman of the Board Myra Ladd-Bone (Atlantic Realty) gave a recap of the 2022 program year highlighting the accomplishments and successes of 2022. Outgoing Board members Susan Yan, Bambos Charalambous and Laura Ertle were recognized for their contributions to the Board of Directors.
Awards were presented as follows:
- Members of the Year Sponsored by Outer Banks ACE: Dare County, Outer Banks Visitors Bureau, TowneBank/Towne Insurance, and The Outer Banks Hospital.
- Business Partner in Education Award Sponsored by Vacasa: Publix at First Flight Square.
- Community Business Partner of the Year Sponsored by East Albemarle District: Pigman’s Barbecue.
- Community Business Impact Award Sponsored by NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island: Peak Resources.
- Business Innovator of the Year Sponsored by the Small Business Center at COA: Sanctuary Vineyards.
- Community Star Sponsored by Seaside Vacations: Lynn Jenkins, Community Care Clinic of Dare.
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year Sponsored by Ocean sands K-9 Resort: Erica Powers, FNB.
The gavel was then passed to the 2023 Chairman of the Board, Jim Gilreath (Rose, Harrison, Gilreath & Powers, LLC) who gave a brief look into 2023. Chairman Gilreath also presented Outgoing Chairman of the Board Myra Ladd-Bone with a token of appreciation for her leadership over the past year.
The Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce is the area’s largest business membership organization serving Currituck County, Dare County, and Ocracoke County.