Help pet owners help their pets by walking in the Coastal Humane Society’s 26th Annual Walkathon at the 2023 Kelly’s St. Patrick’s Parade!
Raise money for Coastal Humane Society by sniffing out sponsors and retrieving donations to join our pet-friendly pack in the parade. As you and your dog(s) are sniffing out sponsors and retrieving donations, here are a few facts to get to know us:
- For 26 years, we have been an all-volunteer community organization relying totally on donations and fundraisers to carry out our mission.
- In 2022 with the help of the Outer Banks Community Foundation, we shared the cost of spaying, neutering, and medically treating 214 dogs and cats.
- Over 10,000 Outer Banks pets and families have been helped since 1997.
- Along with our veterinary partners, we were able to hold seven low-cost vaccination clinics in 2022, resulting in 349 dogs and cats receiving vaccines.
- Our community raised $3,700 for Currituck Labs through our Currituck Labrador Emergency Medical Fund to pay for the treatment of the Labrador retrievers rescued by Currituck Animal Services and Control last Winter.
- The Walkathon is a key fundraiser and we need your contributions to keep our mission alive. All donations are welcome!
Mark Your Calendars!
Date: Sunday, March 19
Time: 12 p.m.
Location: Meet at the Bladen Street Beach Access (MP 11.5) in Nags Head
- Meet at Bladen Street Beach Access (MP 11.5) on Beach Rd. at 12pm on Sunday, March 19th. Turn in your donations and get a picture taken of your dog family!
- We march at 12:45! Do not be late.
- We end at the Ghost Fleet Gallery where we will have water for the pups and transportation back to Bladen Street Beach Access if needed. (Map of route below)