The American Red Cross has announced that a total of six blood drives will be held across the Outer Banks during March 2023.
Every day nearly thirty thousand patients depend on blood donations to help save their lives. This lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation. A single donation can save up to 3 lives.
“While 62% of the population can give blood, only about 3% donate”, said Frank Spruill, Red Cross Blood Donor Ambassador. “During February, 280 generous Outer Banks blood donors potentially saved 813 lives”.
If you are healthy and feeling well, schedule an appointment to donate blood by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767). The actual donation takes about 10 – 12 minutes, and the entire process from arrival to departure is about one hour.
All donors will receive a $10 Visa prepaid card by email. Donors will also be automatically entered in a national drawing for a chance to win a $3000 Visa prepaid card.
Red Cross February Blood Drives
- MARCH 7
- Liberty Christian Fellowship, Kill Devil Hills – 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- MARCH 8
- First Flight High School, Kill Devil Hills – 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- MARCH 14
- Cape Hatteras Anglers Club, Buxton – 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- MARCH 15
- Manteo High School – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- MARCH 17
- Kitty Hawk United Methodist Church – 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- MARCH 23
- Pitts Center, Town of Southern Shores – 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.