When schools let out for summer and families set off on vacation, the American Red Cross typically sees a decline in donors. Unfortunately, the need for blood doesn’t take a summer break. Every two seconds of every day someone needs blood. This lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation. A single donation can save more than one life.
The actual donation takes about 10 – 12 minutes, and the entire process from arrival to departure is about one hour. If you are healthy and feeling well, schedule an appointment to donate blood by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767). All donors will receive a $10 e-gift card by email to a merchant of their choice.
Red Cross June Blood Drives
- June 6
- Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Kitty Hawk: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- June 7
- Holy Redeemer Catholic Church, Kitty Hawk: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- June 9
- Virginia S. Tillett Community Center, Manteo: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- June 23
- Pitts Center, Town of Southern Shores: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- June 28
- Jennette’s Pier, Nags Head: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- June 29
- Manteo First Assembly of God, Manteo: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.