The National Park Service is accepting bids on a federal government contract to construct a paved multi-use pathway from the intersection of N.C. Highway 12 and Lighthouse Road in Buxton to the Cape Hatteras Light Station. Interested businesses have until 4 p.m. August 21 to submit bids via the System for Award Management (SAM.gov) website.
- Contract Name: Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Road Trail
- Site Visit Date: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2023
- Site Visit Location: Interested businesses can attend a virtual site visit by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Read page 49 of the solicitation for details on what should be included in the registration email.
- Summary of Work: Construct an approximately 1.25-mile multi-use pathway that runs parallel to Lighthouse Road in Buxton and along the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse’s move path toward the current location of the Cape Hatteras Light Station. The project will also integrate several locations for educational exhibits and rest areas along the pathway.
- Notice ID: 140P2023R0038
- Bids Due: By 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, 2023
For questions on this contract solicitation, contact Damon Griffin at email@example.com.
“The construction of a multi-use pathway to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse will improve visitor safety along a busy park road,” said National Parks of Eastern North Carolina Superintendent David Hallac. “Cape Hatteras National Seashore appreciates the public feedback it received in advance of this important project, which is expected to be finished by next summer.”