Registration is now open for the six-day OBX U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary “Boating Skills and Seamanship” course that will be held October 31 and November 2, 7, 9, 14, 16 from 6-9 p.m.
If you are serious about boating as an owner, worker, visitor of a boat owner, or just want to be comfortable aboard a vessel and learn more in-depth information, this is the class for you! The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary’s Boating Skills and Seamanship course is a comprehensive course designed for both the experienced and the novice boater.
The course consists of 6 three-hour lessons with in-depth knowledge on boating skills, such as:
- The language of boating and being on the water
- Boats, their designs, equipment, and legal requirements
- Legal Considerations
- Where you boat and things to consider
- Boat Handling; In the Water, On a Trailer, and PWC’s
- Navigation, Rules of the Road, and the Law
- Knots and other things you really should know
- Electronics for your Boat (Navigation, Communication and Operation)
- Safety & Security
- Visitors, Liveaboard, and other essential items to know
Tuition is $60 for 1st family member, $40 for each additional family member and includes all materials.
Visit CGAUXOBX.org, or click the following link to register: https://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?unit=054-16-07&category=abs-form